Share Knowledge Gain Knowledge Session 10; LINAC System: Answers
Session 10; LINAC System: Answers
1. LINAC is linear accelerator.
2. Used for external beam radiation treatments for patients with cancer. It is also used to treat all organs of the body.
3. A linear accelerator is a type of particle accelerator that greatly increases the kinetic energy of charged subatomic particles or ions by subjecting the charged particles to a series of oscillating electric potentials along a linear beamline.
7. Particels are able to reach high energies without any extreme voltages. It only targets the tumour without affecting the surrounding tissue.
8. It can cost anywhere from one million to three million dollars.
2⃣It is used to give Radiation therapy to patient who are diagnosed with Tumor.
3⃣Microwaves are emitted from Magnetron. These are targeted over a diseased Tissue.
4⃣Other Radiation therapy procedures are : Intensity Modulated Radiation therapy (IMRT).
Image Guided Radiation therapy (IGRT)
Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS)
Stereotactic Body Radiation therapy (SBRT)
3D conformal Radiation therapy
5⃣Collimator, X-RAY target, gantry, electron Gun, magnetron
6⃣Check power supply before switching on the system, Make the patient to align accurately to target the tumor, Always respond to patient intercom.
7⃣Cancerous cells can be Completely killed.
Irradiation of the healthy tissue can be Completely avoided.
8⃣High dose of Radiation cause hair loss and other complications
1⃣1⃣Accuray Cyberknife.. just Explore to this.
Vinayaka Mission’s University
SKGK – Session 23 – Topic: Medical Image (Answers) – Date: 28 April 2017
Spread the loveFORCE BIOMEDICAL: Hello All Answers of today’s session 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻 1⃣ The binary representationRead More
SKGK – Session 23 -Topic: Medical Imaging – Date: 28 April 2017
Spread the loveSKGK – Session 23 – Topic: Medical Imaging Date: 28 April 2017 1⃣Read More
SKGK – Session 22 – Topic: Hemodialysis (Answers) Date: 27 April 2017
Spread the love 1⃣ Hemodialysis machine: is a machine that filters a patient’s blood toRead More